To obtain a letter of invitation to attend the Global Specialty Lens Symposium, please send your e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
Full name, credentials
Address including Country
Passport number if required by your country
Do I need a visa to travel to the United States?
You do not need a visa to enter the United States if:
You do need a visa to enter the United States if:
- Your country participates in the Visa Waiver Program and
- You possess a valid machine-readable passport and
- You plan to stay in the United States for 90 days or fewer
- Your country does not participate in the Visa Waiver Program or
- Your country does participate in the Visa Waiver Program but you do not possess a valid machine-readable passport or
- You plan to stay in the United States for 90 days or more
Visa Waiver Program
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows citizens of 35 countries to travel to the U.S. for tourism or business, for 90 days or fewer, without obtaining a nonimmigrant visa:
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Malta, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and The United Kingdom
ESTA: New Entry Procedures for VWP Countries
On Jan. 12, 2009 the U.S. Department of Homeland Security enacted the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). This new entry program requires nationals from Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries to register before traveling to the U.S., and will replace the I-94W form previously used by some travelers.
In order to obtain an ESTA, travelers will need to submit information including their name, birth date, passport number, flight number and U.S. destination address. Each ESTA will be valid for up to two years and will allow visitors unlimited travel to the U.S. during that period. Note that ESTAs will not be issued to any traveler whose passport will expire within six months of the application for an ESTA. Obtain an ESTA now.
Residents of Canada, Mexico and Bermuda
Passports/Proof of Citizenship
The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) requires all citizens of the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Bermuda who are traveling by air, land or sea to present a valid passport (or other WHTI-compliant documents) to enter or re-enter the United States.
Most international Annual Meeting attendees will need to secure a visitor visa.
- Consult the U.S. Department of State Visa Home page for detailed information about visa procedures
- Find the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate
- Fill out an electronic visa application that you can print and take to your visa interview